The Conversation Starter platform helps you – the User digitally connect with other Users and, additionally, plan meetings related to the Event and/or the Community (the 'Service'). The platform is being managed by us – Conversation Starter BV with our headquarters at Van Immerseelstraat 66, 2018 Antwerp, Belgium, registered with the Crossroads Bank of Enterprises under number 0633.537.682 (the 'Conversation Starter', 'we'or 'us').
3. The declaration above includes information about the type of personal data collected by Conversation Starter via the Service, as well as the manner in which Conversation Starter uses and processes this data.
5. Conversation Starter takes responsibility for the processing of your Personal Data as the Processor and the Controller. Taking into account the nature, scope, context and purposes of processing as well as the risks of varying likelihood and severity for the rights and freedoms of natural persons, Conversation Starter declares to implement appropriate technical and organizational measures for ensuring that, by default, only the Personal Data which are necessary for each specific purpose of the processing are processed and to be able to demonstrate that such processing is performed in accordance with the GDRP.
6. Conversation Starter declares that a relevant notification has been made to the Belgian Commission for the Protection of Privacy with regard to the processing of your Personal Data, as required by the law.
10. Unless it is clear from the context, expressions in the singular form shall include the plural form and vice versa.
11. All references to legal provisions refer to the content of the applicable law (including all amendments, supplements and amendments adopted at that time).
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
12. The purpose of collecting the Personal Data by Conversation Starter is to provide full functionality of the Service.
13. The Personal Data are provided to Conversation Starter therefore expressly and voluntarily by you.
14. Conversation Starter collects and processes several types of Personal Data:
15. The Personal Data can be obtained by:
16. Data obtained by Conversation Starter by placing Cookies in your device are not used to identify you as the User through these data, but to allow Conversation Starter to draw up statistics regarding the use of the Service.
17. General purposes of the Personal Data collection and processing:
STORAGE AND PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
19. Conversation Starter declares to storage and process the Personal Data within the European Union.
21. Any transfer of the Personal Data outside the European Economic Area (EEA) to a recipient whose domicile or registered office is in a country which does not fall under the adequacy decision enacted by the European Commission, shall be governed by the provisions of a data transfer agreement, which shall contain (i) the standard contractual clauses, as referred to in the ‘European Commission decision of 5 February 2010 (Decision 2010/87/EC)’, or (ii) any other mechanism pursuant to privacy legislation, or any other regulations pertaining to the processing of personal data.
22. The processing of the Personal Data may include profiling.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA TO THIRD PARTIES
23. Conversation Starter has the right to disclose some of the Personal Data to:
25. Notwithstanding the foregoing, it is however possible that Conversation Starter discloses the Personal Data:
SAFETY OF PERSONAL DATA
26. Conversation Starter declares to take all appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the confidentiality and security of your Personal Data. These efforts include, but are not necessarily limited to: (i) storing your personal information in secure operating environments that are not available to the public and that are only accessible by persons authorized by Conversation Starter and, (ii) verifying the identities of registered Users before they can access the Personal Data we maintain about them.
27. In accordance with the paragraph 26 above:
28. In the event of and following discovery or notification of a breach of the security of the Personal Data, or access by an unauthorized person, Conversation Starter will notify you if the breach is likely to affect your privacy.
29. You as the User are obliged to comply with safety standards, for instance by avoiding all non-authorized access to the your devices and the Account. You as the User are solely responsible for the use of the Service on the your devices, IP-address and identification data, as well as for its confidentiality.
30. Notwithstanding the security measures and policy adopted by Conversation Starter, an infallible level of security cannot be guaranteed. Since no method of transmission or forwarding over the Internet, or any method of electronic storage is secure in 100%, Conversation Starter does not guarantee absolute security.
YOURS PRIVACY RIGHTS
31. To exercise the your Privacy Rights, you shall contact Conversation Starter via our email: email@example.com.
32. In connection with the Personal Data, you have following Privacy Rights:
Commissie voor de Bescherming van de Persoonlijke Levenssfeer
Drukpersstraat 35, 1000 Brussels,
tel +32 (0)2 274 48 00,
Fax +32 (0)2 274 48 35,
33. Exercising of the Privacy Rights is free of charge.
34. You as the User are always allowed, via the User's Account, to update, modify and/or verify your Personal Data.
36. At the moment of the first access to the Service, the User accepts different kinds of Cookies used by the Service, Otherwise (in case of the lack of such acceptance), the User shall delete his/her Account The User can block Cookies by activating the User's browser settings which allows the User to refuse the Cookies. The rejection of these Cookies may have the effect of not allowing the User to use some functionalities of the Service.
More information on Cookies can be found via the following link: http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
Conversation Starter uses session cookies (which expire once the you log out from the Account) and persistent cookies (which stay on the your device for a set period of time or until you delete them). The following types of cookies are used by Conversation Starter for the purposes explained in this chart:
Van Immerseelstraat 66
2018 Antwerp, Belgium
40. The Service can be used only by the Organizer and/or the Community Manager and the User who has been invited to the Event and/or the Community and has created the Account.
41. Conversation Starter is not liable for any User Content.
42. Conversation Starter is not liable for any links that may be found in the Service, which lead and/or allow you as the User to directly enter any third party websites, nor for any potential Personal Data protection infringements that could occur in connection with browsing such websites. Because of that you shall acknowledge any privacy provisions which may be found on such third party websites.